If you have a hammer, everything looks like a nail. Some consulting firms work that way. If they have video production facilities, the client needs a video. Or, the client needs their patented logic model or research techniques to develop a strategy or evaluate an outcome.
We don’t work that way. We start with your goals: the problem you want to solve, or the situation you want to improve.
Then, based on your goals, we determine what you need to do. For example:
- How will you determine success? Did you get the “bang for the buck” you wanted? Whom or what do you want to influence with your results?
- How much change is reasonable? What measures make sense?
- What kind of intervention or communication could plausibly create the change you want?
- Who are your audiences? On this issue, are they best reached directly or through others? Whose opinion do they value on this issue?
- What attitudes, beliefs, skills, behaviors or barriers should be targeted?
- Given the audiences and needs, what media content and channels make the most sense?
- What existing data can we draw upon? What new data do we need to collect?
- We don’t focus on process. We focus on results, and why they matter.
- Developing research-based media strategies
- Writing and editing (articles, op-eds, scripts, speeches…)
- Digital video and audio production
- Developing website content
- Translating research results into everyday language
- Communicating with specialized audiences (health professionals, patients, parents, policymakers…)
Research and Evaluation
- Writing proposals for projects and grants
- Designing evaluation plans for
programs, campaigns, and other behavior change interventions
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative studies, including surveys, focus groups and interviews
- Analyzing and reporting findings in ways that inspire action
- Needs assessments
- Formative testing of media messages and materials
Workshops and Training
- Media outreach for researchers and clinicians
- Planning and conducting program evaluations
Current and past consulting and speaking clients include:
American Council on Science and Health
Carmichael Lynch Spong
Coalition for School-Based Primary Care
Education Development Center
Harvard Medical School Dept. of Continuing Education
International Youth Foundation
Jack Kent Cooke Foundation
Link Technology Group
McKinney Regulatory Science Advisors and make it a live link: https://www.mckinneyrsa.
Michigan State University
Pan-European Game Information organisation (PEGI S.A.)
Public Health Institute
Time Life Medical
University of Minnesota Hospitals
World Leisure Congress